User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Fri May 06, 2005 11:41 am

you could look for an R25 v6 turbo (not so cheap to run!) which will provide engine spares when you've finally killed it.
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

nice wheels .....

Postby si21 » Mon May 09, 2005 8:36 pm

shame about the face lol well on the sad boy one anyway :!: bet the one you got doesnt look like that :cry:

si21 21toc forums down so i thought id come and see what was happening here :wink:
User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Sun May 16, 2004 10:49 pm

Charlotte, USA

Postby Juzzblack » Mon May 09, 2005 9:42 pm

The horrid Matiz went back today, except it didn't because they never came to collect it! So it's still sat outside for now!

As for my car, it's booked in with the body repair shop for next Monday. No idea how long they'll have it for and still waiting for a quote off them. I need to phone the insurance engineer back as soon as I have it and hopefully I might be able to squeeze some more money out of him! While it's in I'm having the rest of the paintwork done because it's peeling badly and I was planning on having it repainted anyway.
GTA V6 Turbo - BTW check your earths!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlpineGTA
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Tue May 10, 2005 9:41 pm

Hey Si,

Haven't you got loads if events to organise if the forums are down? :lol:

These 21 Turbo owners :roll: :wink:
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Charlotte, USA

Postby Juzzblack » Tue May 17, 2005 5:24 pm

The repairers have finally started on my car today.

They reckon the hub bearing carrier could be bent on the front suspension. In which case it's a bit more expensive than just a knuckle hub bearing.

'Cos I'm being lazy, to save me phoning Renault, can anyone tell me how much the hub bearing carrier is new?

Or would it be possible to use one off a Renault 25 from a breakers or something?

Cheers!

User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Tue May 17, 2005 5:50 pm

Juzz, being lazy is unforgivable in connection with your love, your GTA.

Next week, I'll see if I can get round to looking out my GTA parts manual and 'll phone directory enquiries for your local dealer and see if they are able to quote a price (s). Would you also be maybe interested in availability and a lead time? and any adjusters or shims or nuts/bolts that should not be reused as well?

Have you got little kids, are they experts in using the toilet paper "wipeing bums" comes to mind here.

Oh, and also, which day will be convienient for you to log on next week, just so I know when you need a reply for?

Or would it be more helpfull if I just shouted upstairs now and told her to bring my parts manual down here now?

Hey Juzz, have a nice evening, it was a hell of a weekend for me and a similair start to the week today as well, woops, it's Tuesday already, so off to the pub for a few jars tonight with the boys.

Get off your bum and get that GTA back on the road, you know you really want to.

I don't suppose you've had many tickets in your Matiz yet.

All the best. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Tue May 17, 2005 6:44 pm

Hub carrier is an Alpine only part, as the steering arm sits lower than all the other cars in the range. £92 + VAT from Renault, or try the breakers that have got Mr Jons old atmo..
User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Charlotte, USA

Postby Juzzblack » Tue May 17, 2005 7:03 pm

:lol: Very droll Simon! But ok it was deserved! I just thought someone might have an idea of price for me tonight as phoning the dealers in the evening wont be much use! :) And as usual the ever reliable Mr Gentleman comes up with the goods! Cheers David! :) That doesn't seem as expensive as I was expecting actually.

Oh, and no I didn't get any tickets in the Matiz! :) The horrible thing's gone back now anyway.

User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Charlotte, USA

Postby Juzzblack » Wed May 18, 2005 8:27 am

Spoke to the Breakers in Accrington. They wanted £100+vat for the hub carrier. This includes the bearing and stub axle. When I told him it was £92 +vat new from Renault he said it wouldn't include the bearing, and wouldn't budge on the price.

Bearing in mind it includes the bearing, removing it from the car and posting it to me, does that sound a reasonable price?

User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Wed May 18, 2005 8:49 am

Your call, but sounds expensive to me.

Why would you want to fit a second hand wheel bearing if you are going to the trouble of replacing the stub axle?

You don't even know if the second hand parts are good. At least with new parts you'll know they are straight.

Admittedly more expensive and more hassle to change the carrier, stub and bearing, but you could reduce costs by fitting a pattern bearing for £25 or so. The stub axle is around £40 if that's bent.

The lower and/or upper wishbones might also be bent. You can't always tell just by looking at them, but at least the new ones come with bushes fitted.
User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Charlotte, USA

Postby Juzzblack » Thu May 19, 2005 7:49 am

I think your right. I'm going to go with new parts. There might be a bit more work involved, but at least I know they're good and straight. If I'm going to go through the hassle I might as well use new rather than worn second hand parts. Cheers for the advise.

no avatar
User

ken

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:15 pm

suffolk

crash

Postby ken » Thu May 19, 2005 7:54 pm

As the car is not a write off and is a repare why are you having to do all the leg work you should let the insurance company do the work and have use of curtasey car .And thay should not be deducting excess from the £1500 they ofered you if not your fault.you should hold out for the £2500 first repare costs.with labour the car could cost you that[extra little bits soon add up]. :cry: all the best.
keep driving
no avatar
User

Lee

Rank

Non Member

Sun May 02, 2004 11:13 pm

Chester

Postby Lee » Thu May 19, 2005 10:27 pm

If your car has had that hard a knock on the front wheel, check carefully behind the top suspension arm mounting bolt where the arm bolts onto the cross member. I have seen two cars with what looked like very light front damage that had a crease in the cross member right behind the bolt head. This of course means that the suspesion geometry will be well out and you won't find out untill you fit all those new parts. Its a tricky repair too. I know one of those couple of cars I mentioned is mine! Hope your's isn't. :?
GTA atmo owner.
User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Charlotte, USA

Postby Juzzblack » Thu May 19, 2005 10:39 pm

I couldn't agree more! I've already been over all these points with the insurance company and it's like fighting a losing uphill battle! I got fed up having to phone a premium rate phone number to speak to someone in a call center in india about my car - which was parked outside on the driveway! So what anybody in india could tell me about it I haven't got a clue! What a ridiculous set up! :evil:

I'm just keen to get my car back on the road now. The body repairs are well under way, I've just got to squeeze as much money as I can out of my insurance now!

Incidentally, If your fed up with having to phone premium rate 0870 phone numbers, which alot of organisations use for their help lines etc, this web site is an excellent resource for alternative free phone or local rate phone lines!

http://www.saynoto0870.co.uk/

User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Charlotte, USA

Postby Juzzblack » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:51 pm

As of this afternoon my GTA is back on the road! :D

Now hopefully I can enjoy the rest of the summer driving it!

PreviousNext

• Advertisement