simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Woops, caught on camera, thay say !!!!

Postby simontaylor » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:07 pm

Well, rushing home to see the loved ones, Taking an alternative route due to the popularity of slow moving drivers on the M25, I have received a Notice of Intended Prosecution from Thames Valley Police, doing 48 in a 40 limit in Slough of all places.

BIG Question, how do I get off it as my licence is clean at the moment?

BIG BIG BIG Thanks in advance.

I'll be taking that route tomorrow just to check that the unit does have a yellow plate on the back of it????
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:30 pm

Static or mobile camera? Have they offered you a ticket or is it a day in court?
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:32 pm

Static camera (as far as I know). I was not stopped, just received a computer generated letter.

It is a Notice of Intended Prosecution, saying that I am the registered keeper, If I was the driver (I was) I should return the form and ""In most cases you will receive a "conditional offer" of a fixed penalty.""

I can only so far find 1 mistake in the letter.
"at Uxbridge Road (Rochford Gardens), Slough......" according to streetmap.co.uk it should be Rochfords (plural) Gardens. Could I plead that the letter claims a site on the Uxbridge Rd that does not exist and get off?
Firsts at
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Delaying tactics!

Postby Tony Smith » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:10 pm

The police only have 6 months to prosecute with a camera offence so use every delaying tactic possible. You get a month to return the form so plead ignorance about receiving a form until its sent recorded delivery. Then wait a full month before returning it stating you can't remember who was driving and could they send you a picture. When they send you the photo (again don't reply until you have too) you won't be able to see who is driving so write and tell them that you still don't know who was driving and could they tell you how to proceed under the circumstances. Basically just mess them about as much as possible. At least if you still end up paying it will have cost them more in administration than the fine is! Less to spend on new cameras!
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:01 pm

The problem with that one is that you will loose the chance to take a £60 3 point ticket and will guarunteed end up in court which will cost you a whole lot more money. At the minute you are well within the limit for a 3 point ticket, which shouldnt affect your insurance.There is also a seperate offence of failing to notify the police of who the driver was at the time of an offence and it will cost you loads more money. The 6 month time limit isnt 6 months to get you into court its 6 months in which to start proceedings...i.e. serve you with a summons. Thames Valley are one of the worst forces when it comes to over enforcement of speeding and have a well set up dept. to deal with it.....what Tony is suggesting is as old as the hills and I cant think theyre gonna fall for it.
If it wasnt a static camera and was a mobile one (normally mounted in the back of a white van parked on the side of the road) then they will have a lovely shot of you driving!!
The address mistake is not enough to get you off either I'm afraid. Worth checking the road signs round about to check the speed limit is visibly posted.....you wouldnt believe how often that one gets people off!
What I will say is that unless you have a real way of getting out of it, you would be best to swallow your pride, be more vigilant when your speeding next time and take the ticket.......court will be a whole lot more expensive.
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:01 pm

Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:36 pm

A detector aint much use now!!!! I believe the book they are flogging on this site was written by an ex-traffic cop and can be handy but it depends on circumstances.....howeve hard you try, unless you are prepared to purgeor yourself and persuade someone to lie for you most tickets will hold up because at the end of the day the processes arent that difficult and people are generally doing exactly what the cameras say!
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:58 pm

Has the loophole been closed whereby you fill in the form but don't sign it. That way it is inadmissable as evidence. You usually get a threatening letter saying that you must sign the form but this is a bluff and you don't have too. Unless of course the law has now been changed. Check most of the speed trap sites for the latest info.
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:14 pm

Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Well it worked for me

Postby Tony Smith » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:56 pm

My post above was from personal experience. I spoke to someone at the place that deals with paperwork side when the threatening letters got a bit serious and they said they wouldn't be able to proceed because "the case had gone past its sell by date" - her words. She said that after 6 months it was deemed unreasonable to expect someone to remember who was driving - that was 4 or 5 months ago and I've heard nothing since.
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:24 pm

Which force were you dealing with? Some are more adept at things than others......as I said before Thames Valley are very big on speed enforcement. Its a bit of a gamble.....if he wants a ticket he needs to act quickly because as I pointed out if he messes them about they will go down the route of court.....and if the camera is a mobile digital type they will have a photo of him driving the car!
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:02 pm

I must have lapsed concentration for a few seconds. The preceeding dual carrage way has 2 warning signs for camaras, then you enter a 40 zone, with a speed limit sign, a big one, then on the next lights there it is like a custard tart on a lamp post, plain for all to see in bright yellow, it must have been dark when I went part at 16:51 the week before or maybe every sign I passed was blocked out by a large lorry or 2.

All sounds too grim, last time I questioned a highway officer, I was accused of calling him a liar, well I don't need to go there again......

I think I'll just cough up and invest in one of those "accident black spot monitors" for the future.
Firsts at
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:24 pm

Accident black spot monitor? Do you mean glasses? :lol:
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:55 pm

Yeh, I suppose so.
Firsts at
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:51 pm

I've got some new snooper S4 Neo's for sale at around £80 off RRP (If I can find them!)
Next

• Advertisement