Renault & Alpine General Discussion
User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Sun May 16, 2004 10:49 pm

Charlotte, USA

Postby Juzzblack » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:05 pm

Yes! :D They decided to pass the exhaust, as long as I said I fitted it myself afterwards, if I am stopped! :roll:

It wasn't just the noise level, they were adamant that an exhaust should have a silencer by law. :?:
GTA V6 Turbo - BTW check your earths!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlpineGTA
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:36 pm

I read up on a law term, which I think your tester was overstressing...'no exhaust system should be modified or made in a way that increases the original noise level of the engine'. In theory this makes any performance exhaust system for every car on the market not road legal, so even if 'silencers' are added, it will still be louder than the original system.
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:40 am

Some after market exhausts have "not for road use" stamped on them, bike ones I know.
Also, you should be fine untill you anoy a policeman or an anoyed policeman sees you.
Should be fine then ! :D :D :D
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:22 am

Trust me, you will never have a problem with the police over this....the only legislation I know of is a stationary vehicle making excessive noise. Thats only used once a century and doesnt really apply! (Ive seen it used to ticket someone who parked up with their stereo on full blast in a residential area)
no avatar
User

superdave

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 30, 2005 3:08 pm

Merseyside

Postby superdave » Tue May 31, 2005 7:23 pm

If anyone needs gearbox rebuilds, then your best bet is Alan Voight Greaboxes in Wallasey, Merseyside. All the do is gearboxes and they know the Renault one inside out. If it's the same as the Esprit (R25 variant) then they have all parts in stock too.
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Gearbox rebuilds

Postby Tony Smith » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:05 am

The guy who builds the gearboxs at ARR is superb with them, he changes anything at all that looks even remotely suspect and takes a great deal of care over the job. Alternatively Theres a Renault technician in the 21 Turbo club who rebuilds these boxes and the 4 wheel drive versions in his spare time who is very cheap (£200 if I remember rightly) and I've heard nothing but good reports of.
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
Previous

• Advertisement