User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Re: New to Renault, Clutch Replacement Advice

Postby darrenbiggs » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:57 pm

Paul Sage has a trick where he cuts a small access panel in the bulkhead, removes the matrix and makes up a little plate to go over the area. It's all very neat by all accounts and he has a template to do it. (Suffice it to say, he did mine years ago before devising this and it was the remove the entire cabin route that Lee's just mentioned ;)

It might be worth asking Paul as he was telling me at Goodwood that he'd worked out a further mod that was an improvement on this and made life even easier.

Dash out is a pain, if only because you're disturbing things and often the bolts are seized.
I'm just here for the gasoline.
no avatar
User

japanalpine

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:26 am

Postby japanalpine » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:23 pm

Darren, thank you. I will look into that. I have no problem trying that mod. Must be a good one because as I am writing this, we are having an earthquake. Fitting! Now let me see if I can find Paul.
no avatar
User

japanalpine

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:26 am

Postby japanalpine » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:38 pm

And for the record, I am not usually one for hacking up cars, especially cars such as these in very limted numbers. But upon inspection, the bulkhead panel has already been hacked up, covered in tape, then painted black to hide what had been done. Somebody has most certainly tried something. This is a left hooker so I might not be able to get the matrix out with the pedal assembly and such right in the way anyway. Don't know why Renault/Nissan decided to import LHD models to a RHD country anyway.
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:50 am

LHD is a simple answer. Japanese buyers prefer LHD as it's more 'exotic' and proves you can buy and afford a foreign and exotic car.

Weird I know.
I'm just here for the gasoline.
Previous

• Advertisement